Tue May 01 2012
This is FreedroidRPG's progress report for April, and these are some of the changes the game went through during this month:
- Mappers can now disable the use of teleportation in certain levels, thanks to Pedro Arana. Matthias Krüger already put this feature to use in the arenas.
- Cătălin Badea widgetized the chat interface, making it more flexible and scalable to fit different screen resolutions.
- Non-animated obstacles can now have animated light levels. Thanks to Józef Kucia.
- Different sounds for obstacle smashing can now be specified to different obstacle types, thanks to Michael Mendelson.
- Tybalt's dialog is now better formed, with an improved introduction and dialog topics among other enhancements. By Xenux.
- The player is now able to offer their help to Spencer in cleaning the warehouse. By Jann Horn.
Some of the smaller changes:
- A loop in Dixon's dialog was fixed by Matthias Krüger; Thanks to Sudarshans for reporting!
- Miles McCammon fixed the way the game handles addon multiplicity; whole stacks of addons no longer disappear.
- Arthur Huillet and Matthias Krüger fixed a crash reated to Ewald's 296 droid, caused by the wrong function being used.
- Many other various tweaks and tidbits added and changed under the hood and behind the curtain and in all sorts of other funny places, by all contributors.
All in all, 37 changes were committed in April.
We once again wish to thank everyone who contributed, be they Slayer of Bugs (a title that is traded for a patch), Reporter of Errors (a title given out for free at the tracker), or Bestower of Feedback and Praise (a title handed personally at the various communication media). All of the roles are important, they all help the game become better, and they all have a good chance of showing up on this list next month!
-The FreeDroidRPG Team
Thu Mar 22 2012
More than four years have passed since FreedroidRPG migrated from cvs to svn.
5382 commits were made since the November 28th 2007 which means around 3.46 commits were made a day.
To come to the point, we migrated again, from svn to git this time.
You can check out the repository running
git clone git://freedroid.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/freedroid/freedroid
and browse the code here.
We wish you a happy hacking!
-The FreedroidRPG Team
Mon Mar 19 2012
FreedroidRPG 0.15.1 fixes a critical bug.
There was a bug which could corrupt savegames by saving obstacles with a negative obstacle index.
The game is able to load savegames affected by the aforementioned bug.
Thu Mar 01 2012
This is FreeDroidRPG's 12th monthly progress report, celebrating a full year of great reports about great progress! In this year, no less than 132 items were listed in these reports, and they have covered many important additions to the game. We hope you, the community, have enjoyed the reports and found them helpful in keeping up with the development of the game, and that future reports will be filled with even more changes and improvements. Speaking of which, here are some of the things the team was up to during the past month:
- Vending machines have been implemented, and currently they sell various consumable items such as coolants and nutrients. By Miles McCammon.
- Three designs for the vending machines have been included, thanks to Infrared and Miles McCammon.
Among the smaller changes:
- The moving target Tux, the player character, follows has been restricted to a maximum of 2 units away from Tux, to allow better control with the keyboard. By Vinayak Garg.
- Arthur Huillet fixed a bug that allowed destroying an already destroyed enemy.
- The code for the Graphic User Interface has been factorized and made more efficient by fluzz.
All in all, 19 changes were committed in February.
As always, we want to thank everyone who contributed to the game during the month and during the year, and remind everyone that if there's something bugging you about the game you can always tell us about it, file an official report about it or even take a shot at fixing it. If you do, you might even be featured on this list next month!
-The FreeDroidRPG Team
Sat Feb 11 2012
Arthur's talk was delivered at FOSDEM with great success. Audience feedback was positive.
The video is available on Youtube, thanks to the people involved in recording video and sound. Watch it here.