Wed Feb 18 2009
We are happy to announce FreedroidRPG 0.12. FreedroidRPG 0.12 represents 3 months of work and over 400 changes since the last intermediate release of 0.11.1.
We hope to get as much feedback and bug reports as possible so we can make sure 0.12 final is as good as possible.
There are many improvements and bug fixes since last release, the main being:
- A Tutorial is now implemented
- Completely new starting level that makes much better sense with the storyline
- Big changes on old starting level layout
- Totally remade entrance to Disruptor Shield Control Base as well as adding connecting sections inside the base
- New music tracks
- Cleaned up even more bugs in robot AI and path finding
- Fixed some bugs in hit stun and chance to hit (hit% now actually corresponds to chance to hit stats)
- Added Lua coding language to dialogues, greatly increasing the possibilities of rich and alternating content.
- Drag select area
- Cut, copy, delete and paste area
- Drag and drop movement (both area and single objects)
Note: Save games from 0.11.x are not compatible.
Mon Jan 05 2009
We are happy to let you know that FreedroidRPG will be present at FOSDEM in Brussels in February (FOSDEM). A lightning talk (15 minutes) is planned on Sunday, February 8th, at 14h. Come and meet us!
Update on March 3rd 2009: the video of the talk is available at video.fosdem.org/2009/lightningtalks/freedroidrpg.xvid.avi.
Sat Nov 15 2008
FreedroidRPG 0.11.1 is out. It is an intermediate release that fixes several bugs from 0.11, and introduces interesting new features in the engine. The maps have not changed significantly for gameplay.
Here are the most important modifications :
- improved internationalization support
- added two projectile weapons (AK47 and barrett sniper rifle), with complete graphics, courtesy of Whisnu aries
- added ancient sword graphics courtesy of Laszlo Gy. Perger
- support for a keychart with reassignable keys (press F1 while in game)
- remove lots of useless (unused) files
- handling more than 7 savegames now (load and delete game menus provide scrolling functionnality)
- more updates on collision detection
- fix the secret quest bug that marked the game as finished incorrectly
- added new screen resolutions and fixed light radius for non 4:3 ratios
- added a level validator to run some checks when doing mapping work
- each hero now has a "backup" savegame that represents the last-but-one savegame. "load backup" in the game menu loads it.
- level editor interface has changed for the better - now accessing the level editor from the game is only possible through a cheat key combination, and does not allow saving. Accessing the level editor from the main menu provides the "test level" feature that enables the user to test his level without screwing up the world's state.
- emergency shutdown is now triggered when you are at near lethal overheating
Some mostly cosmetical map changes:
- Kevins place exterior remade.
- Area NW of town is moved N of Kevins place (has entrance to shield controll bunker).
- Entire east edge of "world" is now towards a water front.
Note that savegames from 0.11 are not compatible with this version of FreedroidRPG. Sorry about this.
Download FreedroidRPG 0.11.1 now!