April 2011 Progress Report
Sun May 01 2011
Hello, this is FreeDroidRPG's monthly progress report for April! This month's focus was mainly on development tools, namely lua and the level editor, and under-the-hood changes that make FreeDroidRPG's framework a saner place. Let's get started:
- A has_met() function was introduced to the lua dialogs, which means a cookie no longer has to be assigned whenever a NPC is first encountered, thanks to Józef Kucia.
- It is now possible to add and remove obstacles through the dialogs, thanks to Samuel Pitoiset.
- Much polishing and many tweaks and small changes have been made on various levels by Matthias Krüger.
- A new quest involving a new character, Ewald's long-lost servant robot, has been added, thanks to JK Wood, Matthias Krüger and Infrared.
- James rewrote the beginning of the game (the conversation with Francis) so it is more fast-paced and involves more action.
- Chandra, the town sage, now knows more about Linarians, the player's race. Thanks to James.
Some of the smaller changes made this past month:
- An options menu appears when the player dies, by Manuel Biot.
- A bug in the level editor that caused the player to spawn outside of the map while playtesting on a resized level has been fixed, by Cătălin Badea.
- David H tweaked the hit areas for the in-game program page buttons, making it easier to change pages quickly.
- The widgets in the level editor are now semi-transparent for easier overview of the map, particularly in smaller resolutions, by Matthias Krüger.
- The meme plague continues to claim victims across the world of FreeDroidRPG, and even Kevin's girlfriend started showing symptoms of it; avoid infection, or something might happen to your base. All of them. Thanks to Matthias Küger.
- Numerous other minor fixes, tweaks, cleanups and other changes in all departments.
All in all, 196 changes were committed in April.