May 2011 Progress Report
Wed Jun 01 2011
Hello, this is FreeDroidRPG's monthly report for the month of Maying! These are the notable changes of the month:
- A level enter event has been implemented by Maria Grazia Alastra, enabling scripted events to be triggered upon walking into a level and opening many new and exciting possibilities.
- Józef Kucia implemented animated bullets, and de-hardcoded the definitions of obstacles; now adding your own scenery to the game is much easier. Go ahead and try!
- The shotgun bullets are now animated and increase their spread over the course of their flight. By Infrared
- Michael Mendelson implemented positional audio: now you can tell where and how far away that pesky droid is!
- More dialog has been written for the Hell Fortress server, and the relevant quest has been expanded slightly, by Matthias Krüger.
Among the smaller changes:
- Performance in OpenGL mode has been improved and relevant code has been simplified, by Arthur Huillet.
- For easier testing of new graphics, obstacle and item graphics can now be reloaded without restarting the game using a key combination: Left Ctrl + Left Shift + Left Alt + G. Thanks to Józef Kucia.
- The player now gets a reward for sparing Koan's life in Duncan's quest, thanks to Thor.
- In the first use-case for the level enter event, the player can now fight in the arena in the town without asking the arena master to respawn the bots there after the first time. Thanks to Maria Grazia Alastra.
- Many bugfixes and minor tweaks.
All in all, 138 changes were committed in May,
-The FreeDroidRPG Team