This is a short term, detailed todo list of things that are currently being planned by developers. Coordinated by Arthur. Our bug tracker  contains bug reports and requests for enhancements. Do not hesitate to pick a task there.
See the OpenJobs page for larger projects which may not be being worked on at the moment.
* check Main/ArmorRules for consistency
* game end (hell fortress)
* OpenGL performance improvements (texture atlases for obstacles, multiple atlases for floor tiles, ...)
* Use the new glue system to improve colldet and lighting performance
* new HUD that scales better with higher resolutions and is more functional
* autoguns as bots
* clang-analyze only false positives remain
* valgrind errors and memory leaks
Engine improvements (code)
A list of specific points that could be enhanced is available here 
General, less relevant
* doors drawn over tux (minor and very difficult to fix, doable with Z buffer in openGL mode)