March 2012 Progress Report
Welcome to FreeDroidRPG's monthly report for March! What? No, this isn't a prank! We actually did stuff during March! Here, these are just examples of what we accomplished:
- Undo and redo actions for enemies have been implemented in the level editor by Józef Kucia.
- The player is now better introduced to Bender, the strongest man in Town; his dialog has been restructured and makes better use of topics.
Some of the smaller changes:
- Xenux corrected a bug with pasting map labels in the editor.
- A check for the programming language Python has been added to the automated configuration that takes place before compiling from the source, thanks to Józef Kucia.
- In-game screenshots, as well as thumbnails for saved games, are now saved in PNG format instead of the uncompressed BMP format. By Józef Kucia.
All in all, 53 changes were committed in March.
We would like to thank all of our contributors, and once again ask anyone with an idea, request or general sentiments about something in the game to tell us about it, complain about it or code about it. Who knows, maybe you'll find your name on this list next month!
But, of course, our greatest thanks must go to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, a generous benefactor who has funded much of the project's progress and to whom we owe many a bowling night and beer party. As our contract with the Church requires, we will soon be making great changes to the game, including changing the player character's penguin model with that of a spaghetti noodle, changing all weapons in the game to shoot meat balls, and making the game proprietary. All sale profits will go toward beer purchases. May we all be touched by His noodly appendage.
-The FreeDroidRPG Team