January 2012 Progress Report
Hello, and welcome to FreeDroidRPG's first monthly progress report for 2012! Here are some of the highlights of what's been happening:
- The formula for calculating the cost for repairing a hacked bot has been improved and simplified, as specified here. Thanks to Sebastian Offermann.
- Excelling at the takeover minigame now has its rewards; if few charges were used by the player, the heat cost will be smaller to match. By Sebastian Offermann.
- Matthias Krüger replaced the inventory images of some items with images of a higher resolution.
- A bug was fixed that involved the list of animated obstacles in a level and caused the creation and saving of obstacles with negative index values was fixed, thanks to fluzz.
- The dialog with Dixon has been restructured and reworked a little; cookies have been replaced with variables; also, the peaceful players may find they have some more options. By Sebastian Offermann and Xenux.
- Sebastian Offermann and Matthias Krüger gave the dialogs a general cleanup, with cookies replaced by variables, extra spaces removed, bugs and typos squashed (yes, typos can be squashed. We checked) and other improvements and simplification.
Some of the smaller changes:
- If the player chooses to repair a hacked bot but then chooses to destroy it through the wonderful hcf.py, the costs of the repairs would not apply. Thanks to Matthias Krüger.
All in all, 23 changes were made in January.
We wish to thank everyone who contributed and helped improve the game. If you have an idea, something that bugs you or an issue you want to fix, don't be afraid to contact us and talk about it, tell us what's bugging your game or try to fix it yourself. Try it, you might even find your name on this list!
It is well worth mentioning that Arthur Huillet is going to do a talk about FreeDroidRPG in FOSDEM on Sunday, February 5th. The talk is titled "Anatomy of a Role Playing Game", and if you're attending, you might even get a T-shirt showing some of the bots! Oh joy!
-The FreeDroidRPG Team