January & February 2014 Progress Report
Sat Mar 01 2014
Hello, this is FreedroidRPG's progress report for the months of January and February! The beginning of the year has been promising despite some erratic weather, and these are only a few of the improvements that were made to the game in this time:
- After much work by fluzz, support for localization and internationalization of the game has been re-introduced! Work in this area is nearing completion, and anyone who wants to contribute to the translation of the game can create a free Transifex account and start translating here. Translation efforts are spearheaded by Giby.
- Several of the game's backgrounds have been remade in higher resolution and different aspect ratios, by basse.
- Jesusaves fixed a bug that caused bots equipped with ranged weapons to cross map level borders in order to fire on targets on neighboring levels.
- Scott Furry fixed a bug that caused the arena bots to respawn outside of the intended area and kill the arena master.
- The player now gets a small reward for their pains after clearing the Disruptor Shield Base late in the game, thanks to Jesusaves.
- The 543 Harvester bots that populate the desert west of the town can now drop standard bot parts. Thanks to Scott Furry.
- We are inviting Gentoo users to install and play the game, using the improved documentation. Thanks to ZetaNeta.
- Tutorial Tom will no longer attack the training targets in the tutorial and steal your XP. By Matthias Krüger.
- Many other fixes and changes under the hood were made by various contributors to make the game's code a slightly friendlier place.
All in all, 168 changes were committed during January and February.
And so, we want to thank all contributors, and ask anyone who wants to become a contributor and get thanked to contact us, tell us what you want to see with a feature request or bug report, or get into the thick of things with a patch. Who knows, you may find your name in this list in the future!
-The FreedroidRPG Team