March & April 2013 Progress Report
Wed May 01 2013
Hello, and welcome to FreeDroidRPG's progress report for the months of March and April! We've had two stormy months, marked by a vicious attack by a devious hacker that added big, red frightening text to our home page, an attack which we've held off successfully thanks to the team's ingenuity and resourcefulness, and by a smooth transition to SourceForge's new git repository setup. The game itself wasn't left to gather dust on a shelf, either, and this is a list of some of the major changes:
- Mike Fleischmann changed the way the repair skill works: the chance of fully improving an item steadily increases with the skill level, and if the level is at its maximum, the player has a small chance of either damaging the item or improving it. Additionally, the repair manual (which upgrades the player's repair skill) has been released for sale by the game's NPCs.
- Until now, the only obstacles which could have been "opened" and have item contents were chests. This was changed and the first obstacles to show this are bookshelves, which can contain great (digitized) tomes of ancient lore... Just don't make too much of a mess when searching them. Thanks to Infrared, fluzz and Matthias Krüger.
- Are you a fan of diversity? Do you already know all the chord's to the town's music track by heart? Would you like to control the way your environment sounds? Well, Matthias Krüger's new experimental radio may be just the feature for you. Visit the nearest terminal and adjust your jam today!
- Miles McCammon added a description of the game's shops and their interface to the tutorial.
- In the level editor, a new action clears the redo queue, as is the norm in most applications. By Xenux.
- Many optimizations and cleanups in the game's code that ensure a smoother and more stable playing experience, by various members of the team.
All in all, 84 changes were committed during March and April.
As usual, we want to thank everyone who contributed to the game, and ask of anyone who has an idea, suggestion, query, bug report, patch, free time and will to help out to contact us, take a look at our bug & feature request tracker, or show us how you think things should be done with a patch. Who knows, you may even find you name on this list in the future!
-The FreeDroidRPG Team